Our mission is to create learning opportunities that lead to personal discovery, growth, and enjoyment.
Our vision is to nurture an innovative culture that leads Franklin County residents in the pursuit of learning for both personal and community growth by upholding our Core Values, which are:
- Culture of Discovery – We believe that learning is a constant state of discovery and leads to the formation of new ideas and concepts that better our world.
- Relevancy – We believe in remaining relevant to the community we serve with a readiness to evolve and change, just as the community does.
- Quality – We believe in providing exceptional, quality service to our patrons with staff who are encouraged to grow and develop as leaders in their field.
- Inclusion – We believe learning is a freedom that is to be shared with all individuals and helps us develop understanding and acceptance of our peers.
- Community Impact – We believe in making a lasting impression on those around us by forming connections that spur change and build community.
- Hospitality – We believe in treating our patrons as our guests, creating an experience that is engaging and comfortable.
- Sustainability – We believe in doing our part to be effective stewards of the resources entrusted to us, knowing that the choices we make affect the future of our community.
Franklin County Library System Board of Directors
President: Sue McLaughlin
Vice-President: Luis Escobar
Secretary: Ida Eustis
Treasurer: George Siehl
County Commissioner Appointed:
Mary Anne Stanley